The Tony Award-winning actress will play political strategist Kat Sandoval beginning Sunday, Nov. 19 at 10/9c on CBS and CBS All Access.
A new series regular has joined the cast of Madam Secretary: Tony Award-winning actress Sara Ramirez!
Sara, who will play political strategist Kat Sandoval, steps into her new role beginning on Sunday, Nov. 19 at 10/9c on CBS and CBS All Access.
Kat’s story begins when, after abruptly dropping out of politics, she is coaxed back into the State Department by Elizabeth (Téa Leoni).
If you’re wondering where you’ve seen Sara before, here’s some of her past work:
– She appeared for over a decade as Dr. Callie Torres on TV drama Grey’s Anatomy
– She was the voice of Queen Miranda on the animated series Sofia the First
– She was the voice of Mamá Calaca in Vampirina
– She performed on Broadway in Monty Python’s Spamalot as Lady of the Lake, which earned her a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical and an Outer Critics Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical
– She co-hosted Ted Talks Live NYC on PBS
– She has executive produced three films: Loserville, Out of Exile: Daniel’s Story, and The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson
“We’re very excited that Sara is joining the cast,” says Madam Secretary Executive Producer and Series Creator Barbara Hall. “She brings a fresh perspective and a fun, energetic quality to the State Department staff.”
Executive Producer Lori McCreary adds, “We are thrilled to have Sara join the Madam Secretary State Department team. From the moment she walked on set with her talent, intellect and spirit, she became part of the family!”
Watch all-new episodes of Madam Secretary on Sundays at 10/9c on CBS and CBS All Access.
Source: Sara herself and CBS